Sunday, December 21, 2008

Allison is improving

Thanks to all of you who expressed concern for my sister-in-love, Allison. She had Typhlitis, a painful and dangerous inflammation of the colon. The case she had was aggressive and it was dicey for awhile there. My brother did yeoman's work, keeping it together for the kids and Allison. She has been moved from ICU into a regular hospital room, her white blood cell count is up and she impresses the doctors with her rebound. Turns out that thanks to Allison, we will be going to Australia after all. She apparently said (from her hospital bed) that it was unacceptable for us to miss the trip on her account. So off we go on Saturday and I will sing at the Sydney Opera House steps (her challenge to me) just for her.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a tremendous relief to hear Allison is recovering well. Thanks for letting us know Carla. And I love her Australia challenge for you. I don't suppose you'll be singing BeeGees or Olivia Newton John tunes...
Can't wait to hear about all of your adventures down under.
Happy trails!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

What a gift life continues to grant Allison, you and everyone else in your life. You are the spirit of love, life, fun and feelings. Please get a photo of you singing or sitting in front of the Opera House.

It will mean a lot all of us to know you are there...enjoy the summer!

I will continue to send Allison, you and your world healing love and energy.

Megan Lynch said...

I'm glad she's doing better.

You have a pretty incredible family (including you)!

Anonymous said...

Still sending warm healing energy to Allison and your family.

Anonymous said...

...how about singing, "I am woman, hear me roar..."? fantastic news!
wen xo

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear she is improving. I am keeping you all in the forefront of my mind.

Kim

Anonymous said...

Whew, what a relief--I'm not big on praying, but I have been praying for Allison, your family & you! Have a great time down under.

Love,
Billie