Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Well, ain't that a kick in the pants.

I guess I’m no different from most people. I clutch onto tiny threads of encouragement, like a car salesman or a stalker or a Huckabee supporter might. I try not to admit that to myself because it hurts so much when you find out no one will buy the tru-coat or that Jodi Foster still doesn’t love you or that even John McCain seems more sane than your candidate or ...that you don’t have Lyme disease.

Yes, you guessed it. The results are in and I still have ALS. Bloody hell.

In 1991, I took 4 pregnancy tests before I believed I was pregnant. The Russian proprietor of the pharmacy did everything but hiss “whore!” every time I came in for yet another EPT package. She must have thought I was having a ball every night. I’m stubborn, I guess. I was sure there had been some error that made the stick keep getting pink. this time I knew the results of all the blood work (Lyme, Mercury poisoning, metal toxins, and AIDS – yes I was hoping for AIDS oddly enough) would be negative or I would have gotten a call…..Still I hoped.

On the positive side, I will start lithium in a couple of weeks so I will have a great shot at slowing this fucker down. I still have so much I want to do.

I may not be writing a blog for a few days as I’m off to Mexico for some boogie boarding and fun or as I put it on my message machine “ I’ve gone to a better place.” Nothing like some sun to return one to a sunnier disposition.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun in Mexico.

I'm sorry about the blood work.


Kim

Anonymous said...

"Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time." Viktor Frankl


That was in this months Sun Magazine. :)